• The Eco-Conscious Childcare is a privately owned and operated childcare and is not licensed by the Government of Ontario.
• The Daycare hours are 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• Payment is by enrollment, meaning the daily fee must be paid whether the child is in attendance or not. This includes:
o Children’s sick days, absences and appointments
o Time required to comply with Ottawa Public Health’s, the Ontario Ministry of Education’s Covid-19 Health Regulations and the Eco-Conscious Childcare’s Covid-19 Protocol when the child exhibits Covid-19 specific symptoms
o School breaks
o Parents’ holidays and days off
o Statutory and Caregiver’s holidays
• The Daycare fees are as follow:
o The daily fee of $__ is applied for a child under 24 months attending full-time.
o The total agreement fee is $__. This amount is based on 75 days of care at the daily fee of $__ per day beginning ______ and ending ______.
• Due to legal and insurance policies, childcare services cannot be provided without the signature(s) of this legal agreement and the Covid-19 Waiver.
This Child Care Agreement is in effect the date it is signed by the Parent(s) and the Caregiver. It is an ongoing agreement and will be terminated and renewed should any changes be required. We, the undersigned have read, understand and agree to the terms and conditions specified in this Child Care Agreement.
The Daycare is opened five (5) days per week, Monday through Friday. The Daycare hours are 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. sharp. Parents are asked to respect these hours and to have an alternative person available to pick-up their child in the event they are unable to meet the 4:45 p.m. closing time. Parents are asked to notify the caregiver if the child will be arriving later than 9:00 a.m.
A four (4) weeks deposit, in the sum of $______ (20 days at $__ per day) payable by email money transfer _____@.com is required upon the signing of this agreement. It is a holding fee and a guarantee of the child’s place in Daycare. If the agreement is cancelled before care begins, the full deposit will be retained. Otherwise, it will be applied towards the last weeks of childcare.
Fees and Payment
• The total agreement fee of $______ is to be paid in four (4) varying monthly amounts as shown in the attached Personalized Calendar and Fee Schedule.
• Payments are to be made on the first (1) of each month via email money transfers to annelaalo@me.
• A fee of $10.00 per day or part thereof will be charged for a late payment and repeated late payments could result in the termination of this agreement.
Tax receipt will be issued by February 28th for the previous taxation year.
Daycare Closures and Leave
• The Childcare is closed ‘without pay’ on days highlighted in RED on the Personalized Childcare Calendar. Those days are reflected in the agreement fee as a reduction from the total agreement fee.
• The Childcare is closed ‘with pay’ on days highlighted in GREEN on the Personalized Childcare Calendar.
• The Childcare is closed on the following Statutory Holidays highlighted in PURPLE on the Personalized Childcare Calendar.
If any of the above holidays fall on a weekend day(s), the Daycare will be closed the weekday(s) immediately preceding or following that weekend in lieu of the holiday.
o The Caregiver is entitled to ten (10) days of Personal Leave ‘with pay’ per daycare year. Although unlikely, parents will be reimbursed for any additional days the Daycare remains closed. In the event that short notice of a closure is given, parents are asked to have alternate care arrangements in place. The Daycare is not responsible for any replacement costs incurred. Any unused days will not be carried over to the next Daycare year.
Consent for Alternate Care
At times and at no extra cost for the parent(s), a person who the parent(s) have signed an Alternate Care Contract with, may be called-in to run the Daycare in the Caregiver’s absence (emergencies, appointments). Unless instructed otherwise, the Caregiver will advise the parent(s) when such situation arises. The previously signing the ‘Consent for Alternate Care Form’, the parent(s) give permission for the Caregiver to provide alternate care by a person who the parent(s) have signed an Alternate Care Contract with, on occasional days or part thereof. If the parent(s) chooses not to sign the form and the contract with the alternate care person of the Caregiver’s choice, they will be required to alter drop-off and pick-up time.
Parents’ Holidays, Children’s Sick Days, Absences and Appointments
Since payment is by enrolment, the daily fee is incurred when parents choose to keep their child at home or are away at times other than when the Daycare is closed. Parents are asked to give the Caregiver two (2) weeks’ notice regarding holiday plans so that adjustments can be made to the activity schedule if necessary. The daily fee is also incurred when the child is at home due to illness, absent from the daycare, away for appointments or on school breaks.
Covid-19 Ottawa Public Health and the Ontario Ministry of Education Health Regulations
1. The daycare follows the latest Ottawa Public Health and the Ontario Ministry of Education’s Regulations, for all children, childcare provider(s) and household contacts of the childcare provider who are symptomatic or answer yes to any of the latest screening questions.
2. Management of Child, Childcare Providers and Household Contacts of the Childcare Provider with Covid19 Symptoms (all children, childcare provider, and household contacts of the childcare provider who are symptomatic will be referred for testing) as per Ottawa Public Health and the Ontario Ministry of Education’s latest regulations.
Childcare’s Illness Policy
• Ottawa Public Health’s and the Ontario Ministry of Education’s Covid-19 Health regulations must always be followed.
• Symptoms exhibited that are not possibly Covid-19 related can be highly contagious. If the child should exhibit any of symptoms or illnesses during the daycare day, no matter its cause, parent(s) will be called and required to make immediate pick-up arrangements without exception. The child cannot return to the daycare until 48 hours after the last symptom is resolved or has met Ottawa Public Health and the Ontario Ministry of Educations health criteria to return
• Although colds are unavoidable, parent(s) are asked to keep their child at home, regardless of a negative Covid-19 test until 24 hours after the last symptom is exhibited.
• The child cannot return to the daycare until 24 hours after the first dose of antibiotics.
• Since payment is by enrolment, the daily fee is incurred when the child away to illness or time required to comply with Ottawa Public Health and the Ontario Ministry of Education’s Health Regulations.
• If your child requires medications to reduce any symptoms such as Tylenol, Advil or homeopathic equivalent, your child must stay home.
Drug Administration and Medications
• The Caregiver does not administer any non-prescription drugs (Tylenol, Advil, Cough Syrup, Homeopathic equivalent etc…) without a signed letter by a doctor or homeopath.
• A written permission is required in order to administer prescription drugs during the Daycare day, see Medical Permission Form. Please ensure that all prescription medications are in their original labeled containers.
• Please notify the Caregiver if the child has been ill since its last day in Daycare. This includes rashes, bumps, scratches and bruises.
Termination of Agreement
• The parent(s) will give the Caregiver six (6) full weeks written notice regarding their intent to terminate this agreement and the initial deposit received at contract signing will be applied towards this period whether the child is in attendance or not.
• The Caregiver will give the parent(s) four (4) full weeks written notice regarding the Caregiver’s intent to terminate this agreement, unless there are extenuating circumstances demanding a shorter period. Care will be provided as usual during these four (4) weeks and the initial deposit received at contract signing will be applied towards these four (4) weeks whether the child is in attendance or not.
• The Termination of Agreement Form must be completed, signed, dated and submitted as written proof of notification of termination.
COVID-19 NOTICE OF RISK AND WAIVER
With community transmission of Covid-19 in Ottawa, there is a risk that transmission from both symptomatic and asymptomatic persons may occur. While measures to attempt to control these risks may be implemented in a home childcare setting, it is important that parents are made aware of, and understand, the risks.
When children from multiple families attend a single home childcare, there is an increased risk of the Covid-19 virus coming into the home childcare. Children who are infected with the Covid-19 virus are more likely than adults to have very mild infections or to have no symptoms at all, but these children can still transmit the infection to other children and to adults in the home childcare. This means that children can bring home an infection acquired in the home childcare and put other persons at risk.
This home childcare has both the Ottawa Public Health and the Ontario Ministry’s screening processes to help detect infections when there are symptoms; however, this screening process will not detect infected children or adults who do not have symptoms at the time of screening.
The risk of serious Covid-19 infection increases with age, which older childcare providers should consider in terms of the risk to themselves personally, particularly if working in home childcare settings with children from multiple families.
By signing this Notice of Risk and Waiver, parent(s) accept all risks as noted above:
Emergency Medical Treatment Form
I/We, hereby give my permission that in the case of an emergency, if I am not immediately available; the Caregiver’s selected physician may hospitalize and secure treatment for my child as named in this agreement. I also give my permission for my child to be transported to the Emergency Department of a hospital, with no liability on the driver’s part. Situation permitting, all efforts will be made on the Caregiver’s part to secure treatment by the child’s physician named in this agreement, obtain the driving services of an ambulance and request the child be transported to the Children Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO).
Illness Policy and Protocol
I/We, herby confirm that that we have read the Covid-19 Ottawa Public Heath, Ontario Ministry of Education Health Regulations, Eco-Conscious Illness Policy and Protocol outlined in this Agreement and agree with its terms.
I/We, hereby give my permission for the Caregiver to provide alternate care by a person contracted by us, on occasional days or part thereof.
I/We, herby give permission for the Caregiver to transport my child by vehicle using the appropriate car seats, and seat belts as well as give permission to take my child to outings on foot.
I/We, hereby give the Care provider permission to administer the following prescribed drug to our child.